BAYANIHAN: The Bayanihan (pronounced as buy-uh-nee-hun) is a Filipino custom derived from a Filipino word “bayan”, which means nation, town or community. The term bayanihan itself literally means “being in a bayan”, which refers to the spirit of communal unity, work and cooperation to achieve a particular goal.
The Bayanihan spirit shows Filipinos’ concept of helping one another most especially in times of need without expecting anything in return.
PAMANA BAYANIHAN AMBASSADOR / HELPER
We need volunteers for this program. Would you consider volunteering? We appreciate it! Sign up here.
What is PAMANA's Bayanihan Assistance Program?
- Neighbor helping neighbor
- Reaching out to someone in the community who needs assistance
- Works like our “extended family”
- Emotional and mental support - ‘being a friend”
- Usually in an emergency situation
- Short term or one time help
Ways to PAMANA Bayanihan
- clothes, personal hygiene products, blankets/linens, baby’s stuff, etc
- cooked meals (especially Filipino dishes) for a short period of time due to calamity/disaster, sickness, family emergency, etc
- Birthday/Christmas/Thanksgiving basket for family in need
- English-Tagalog translation of documents
- Computer /software/hardware questions - “geek squad”
- Emergency childcare for families who know each other personally
- Hospital/home visit - when it’s safe to do so
- Transportation help- important legal, medical appointment, job interview
- Respite Care
Volunteer Release. All volunteers are required to agree to the volunteer releases.
Volunteer Release Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure Volunteer Release Form for Minors MS Doc version (required to be returned to PAMANA.Madison@gmail.comVolunteer Release Form for Minors PDF (required to be returned to PAMANA.Madison@gmail.com)